• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to save values to a multiselect field using the rest API

I am attempting to set the values for a Jira object (type: array, items: option, customfieldtypes:multicheckboxes) using the Jira REST API, as specified in the documentation but it does not work giving me a variety of errors from "Bad Request" to "Not Authorized" but the problem seem to be that the body of the web request is malformed. 

According to the documentation the format should be: "customfield_11201": [{"value": "Disclosure"}]

where "Disclosure" is an allowable value.  This is throwing an error.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche Community Leader Nov 05, 2020

Hi @Ken O_Brien 

I believe you need to add the field context as a key in a dict to be able to use it. example of payload

{

"fields":

{ "customfield_11201": [{"value": "Disclosure"}]

}

}

Hi Prince Nyeche.  Thanks for the quick response that code will work for a single value, but when I try saving a comma separated list (multiple values) it throws an error?

Prince Nyeche Community Leader Nov 06, 2020

Hi @Ken O_Brien 

What example of comma separated list are you using? i would assume you will use it as below for multiple values

{

"fields":

{ "customfield_11201": [{"value": "Disclosure"},{"value": "SecondValue"},{"value": "ThirdValue"}]

}

}

Yep, 

It is working now.  It was working with only one but now multiple values are saving.  I must have just had a slight problem with the formatting.  

One thing I did notice.  When using this data type it's seems to work best when you send it by itself in a the web request not as part of a comma separated list with a bunch of other custom fields.

Thanks for all your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you