How to retranslate "None" in other language?

Olga_Popova October 11, 2017

The translation of the option "None" in Russian is not completely correct. For example, NONE - it means "no answer" in English, but in the Russian interface it translates like "No". At the same time in answers we can use the option "No" also. To sum up it looks like that: "No, Yes, No, Not necessary'. We need the field "None" as a default field in our Russian checklists, but with other translation. Could you help to resolve the problem? 

3 answers

0 votes
Nick November 1, 2017

Olya, it's all very simple.
1. You need to install the plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.jsincluder/server/overview
2. Create a script:

AJS.$('#customfield_00001 option[value = \'-1\']').detach();

Where the field ID is, it's your field's id. (You can see it in the browser inspector)

img-2017-11-01-18-28-30.png

3. Context for script

You configure the display only for certain or all project contexts.

img-2017-11-01-18-31-47.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Except that

1.  Injecting javascript like that is a bad thing to do

2.  It doesn't work on Cloud

Nick November 8, 2017

1. It often happens that the customer wants a strange one. In current (cosmetic) conditions, it is much better than nothing.

2. Well, thank God.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Just pointing out bad practice, and that a good admin will remove that sort of thing as soon as it's noticed.  And it is one thing Cloud gets right, stopping horrid broken bothces.

Nick November 8, 2017

I completely agree. But still jsincluder the best replacement  for announcement banner, Which was used and will be used by young admins.

Let better these s..t scripts are loaded only on the right pages, not on each.

0 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

Please follow the instruction https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TRANS/Atlassian+Translations

Use key "common.words.none" to translate it as you want.

2017-11-01 14_00_05-Translations@Atlassian.png

Olga_Popova November 2, 2017

Domenico, thank you for the answer.
I've done what you recomended, I've even translated every possible "None", but the Jira, wich I use, in Cloud and, I can suppose, it has to be updated automatically and I should wait for it. Right?
I still have the problem, though I translated it yesterday. Tell me please, if I do something wrong or tell me how long should I wait for updating.

The process and the result is below:

1.PNG2.PNG

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Hi,

There is a site called translations.atlassian.com that you can use to help translate your instance and help the rest of the Community.  You can find instructions on using the site here.

Cheers,

Branden

Olga_Popova October 19, 2017

Hi,

I still have the problem. I tried to change the translation of "None" on the site translations.atlassian.com, but it was unsuccessfully. I suppose the key of the word isn't right. I also tried to use an instruction on a page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TRANS/How+to+fix+incorrect+JIRA+or+Confluence+translation for finding the right key,but for Jira it doesn't work. Please, give me some instruction for resolving the problem?Безымянный.png

Suggest an answer