How to restrict project access to client?

Philip Larkin June 17, 2016

Hello all.

I am running JIRA server 7.1.2. I have three projects A, B & C. The client is involved in project A, and needs visibility (as well as some add/edit permissions) of Project A. However, they should not be able to see or browse projects B and C (they shouldn't even be able to determine that they exist). I have created a separate user group as per some other responses in this forum, and assigned them permissions within the project, however this is not working.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. This is doubly frustrating as I have gotten my head around most of the other JIRA configurations and admin jobs.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2016

Make sure the Browse Project permission is not granted to that group in the permissions schemes, associated to projects B and C. Also make sure that any project roles, that are granted the Browse Project permissions do not include the group in question.

The easiest way is to check if a user has certain permission for a project is to use the Permission Helper - see here.

Suggest an answer