It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to restrict certain users to view/access issues in a JIRA project? Edited

Hi Guys, I am using JIRA Cloud and have created project name Test, In this project I have to restrict few user to view/access until the issue has been assigned.

I tried creating Issue Security Schemes, and added Security levels as well. In testing its failed, can anyone please help to provide the solution to fix it.

Added screenshot of my Schemes and Security levels.

Note : Administrators & three more user need to have full permission to access the project. Levels.jpgScheme.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

You need to add "Current Assignee" also to the security level. That way, other users can see it once the issues are assigned to them.

Also, make sure that all the users and groups have the appropriate project permissions (Browse Projects and any other permission they need).

@Jobin Kuruvilla -Go2Group-- Thanks for the update.

Below changes has been done in Permission Scheme.

Added "Any logged in user" in Browse Projects & "Current Assignee" in Set Issue Security. 

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Is it still not working? What is the issue you are facing now?

Like Verticurl Team likes this

Its worked @Jobin Kuruvilla -Go2Group- . Get back to you if any.

Thanks!

Can't find settings for "Current Assignee" does this work for the new Jira Cloud?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

247 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you