How to restrict certain users to view/access issues in a JIRA project?

Verticurl Team February 19, 2019

Hi Guys, I am using JIRA Cloud and have created project name Test, In this project I have to restrict few user to view/access until the issue has been assigned.

I tried creating Issue Security Schemes, and added Security levels as well. In testing its failed, can anyone please help to provide the solution to fix it.

Added screenshot of my Schemes and Security levels.

Note : Administrators & three more user need to have full permission to access the project. Levels.jpgScheme.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

You need to add "Current Assignee" also to the security level. That way, other users can see it once the issues are assigned to them.

Also, make sure that all the users and groups have the appropriate project permissions (Browse Projects and any other permission they need).

@Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]- Thanks for the update.

Below changes has been done in Permission Scheme.

Added "Any logged in user" in Browse Projects & "Current Assignee" in Set Issue Security. 

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Is it still not working? What is the issue you are facing now?

Like Verticurl Team likes this

Its worked @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist] . Get back to you if any.

Thanks!

0 votes
James Guiab November 6, 2019

Can't find settings for "Current Assignee" does this work for the new Jira Cloud?

Suggest an answer