How to restore deleted issues to correct number

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi, I wanted to ask regarding deleted issues.

Even though everyone from our team know, they should not delete issues, sometimes happens, that they forget and delete it anyways. 

I have asked this question some time ago and found out, that we can use App - Restore deleted issues.

Since this is the first time I really needed the usage of it, I have found out, that when you restore deleted issues it is created always under new issue number, which is not what I actually need - I needed to restore the deleted one.

Do you guys know, how to really bring back the deleted ones or is it even possible?

Also I have another question regarding permissions. Since we are still on Free plan, as there was no need to upgrade - I was looking for option how to forbid users from permission to delete issues - unfortunately there is no possibility on Free Plan - so I am looking for workaround?

Do you anybody know or is there no other was then upgrade?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

The only way to restore the issues with their old numbers is to do a full restore of the standard (not app) backup you took before you deleted them.  That will of course delete anything you've done since the backup was taken.

I'm afraid there's no way to change permission schemes on the free version.  There is an issue logged for Atlassian to remove the delete permission from the locked permission scheme on free versions.

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

Ok, thanks

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2022

Hi Jan,

While restoring the deleted issue, Restore Deleted Issues app can not use the old issue key because Jira does not allow using it again. Therefore there is no way to use the original issue number.

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2022

OK thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events