How to replace a status with another status in many active workflows

Kamil Tracz October 17, 2017

I recently created a new project and used the external importer to import bunch of issues and mapped one of the columns to "Status". 

The statuses that were imported were NOT REGISTERED, REGISTERED, CONDITIONAL REGISTRATION, and EMERGENCY REGISTRATION.

Now, I'm not sure which happened first: the import, or creating the workflow.

In any case, at one point I think I had to map things, and I selected that "NOT REGISTERED" should be in the "TO DO" column.

A few days later, we noticed that all TO DO statuses 26 different workflows were changed to "NOT REGISTERED". 

I need to find a way to basically make the error again, and change all "NOT REGISTERED" statuses to "TO DO".

The only way I can do this manually is by copying the workflows, making the changes on the inactive copy, then reassigning it to the scheme with a new version. But I don't want to have to do this to almost 30 workflows.

Because I did this automatically and affected both active and inactive workflows, there must be a way to automatically do this again and change it back.

Any ideas? Could this be done with an external dummy import?

2 answers

0 votes
Rachit Gupta January 7, 2019

Did you get any answer to this? I have also come across this situation recently and wanted to know if there was any good answer to this?

Lucio Lara Cruz October 4, 2019

Hi Rachit!

Did you get any solution to it?  (or had to change it manually for all the workflows)

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

@Kamil Tracz, It looks like your Status was renamed.  I would just rename the NOT REGISTERED status to TO DO.

Administration -> Issues Tab -> Issue Attributes Heading

pd

Kamil Tracz October 17, 2017

@Peter DeWitt It didn't rename it. It changed it. When I tried to rename NOT REGSITERED back to TO DO, it says TO DO already exists. When I checked, both TO DO and NOT REGISTERED are listed under "STATUSES"

Suggest an answer