How to remove the Big Template widget from the issue screen

Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie December 16, 2019

How can I remove the Big Template widget from the issue screen. It is slowing down loading the issue screen. 

Big Template Widget.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi Ward,

To disable BigTemplate panel for specific Jira projects, please follow the below steps:

1. Go to such a project, 
  2. Navigate to Project settings, 
  3. Locate BigTemplate >> Templates section, 
  4. Delete all the templates that are displayed there.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Patryk

Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie December 18, 2019

Thanks Patryk,

I am sure your solution will work.

I disabled the project templates instead. That worked too.  :-)

Would it be a good idea to do the same as with the BigPicture widgets, to be able to turn the widget off in general and activate on certain projects?

Best regards, Ward

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

That would be absolutely fine.

In the most recent server version of our plugin, navigate to Jira administration >> Manage apps >> Technical configuration and select tab Widgets. Here you can disable widget on certain projects or issue types.

In older server versions: Jira administration >> Manage Apps >> WBS Widget configuration / Skill Widget configuration

On cloud instance, you can find the same configuration by going to Jira settings >> Apps >> WBS Widget configuration / Skill Widget configuration.

I hope that it helps you.

Cheers,

Patryk

Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie January 16, 2020

Hi @Patryk-SoftwarePlant,

for some reason the behaviour of BigTemplate trying to load a template in the widget in the issue screen has returned. Even when there are no active project templates. It slows down the loading of the issue screen a lot. In the end it shows that there are no templates available. 

How can I resolve this now. There are no templates in the project setting section to delete and all project related templates are already disabled. 

BigTemplate widget - No templates available.png

Thank you for your reply!

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

Hi @Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie ,

We would like to look closer at your issue.

• Open Dev console while in the IssueDetail view(F12 on a PC or CMD+ALT+I on a Mac or simply Inspect under the right click)
  • Select the 'Performance' tab
  • Click the 'Record' button
  • Re-load the page
  • Save the profile and attach it to the ticket which you can raise right here

Cheers,

Patryk

Juergen Lanner January 21, 2020

Hi Patryk, we see this as well in our instance.
Do you already have the profile from Ward?
Can you please post the issue id here so that we can see track the progress?

Thanks

juergen

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Hi Juergen,

Yes, I have the profile. We're investigating this right now. I will post more information soon.

Cheers,

Patryk

Like David A. likes this
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Hi All,

We have created a ticket ONE-20133 so everyone interested could track the progress (please open it in the incognito tab of your browser).

The hotfix should be out within the next 2-3 weeks and should significantly increase IssueDetail page performance with BigTemplate widget enabled.

Cheers,

Patryk

Like Luther Hargrove likes this
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2020

Hi All,

The bugfix has been released!

The BigTemplate widget is removed from the Jira issue page if all the templates are disabled.

You can upgrade your plugin now but remember, that it is always advisable to have a complete backup of your Jira instance before upgrading.

Cheers,

Patryk

Ashley Kitson January 15, 2021

Still showing the widget even with no templates for the project. Exactly as Ward Schwillens reported almost exactly a year ago!

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2021

Hello @Ashley Kitson 

Could you please share with me information on BigPicture and BigTemplate versions you currently use?

In the newest plugin versions (BIgPicture 8.0.18 & BigTemplate 8.0.8) available on the Marketplace, the BigTemplate widget is disabled when you deactivate all templates in Jira Administration >> Manage Apps >> BigTemplate Technical configuration. See my image as a reference.

image (57).png

Best,
Anna/SoftwarePlant

0 votes
Ashley Kitson January 18, 2021

Big Template: 1.1.19-AC

Big Gantt: 1.0.119-AC

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Ashley Kitson
I see that you have a Cloud version of our plugin, so you always have the newest one. Could you please attach a screenshot of an issue page with a visible BigTemplate widget. Thank you. 

Anna

Ashley Kitson January 19, 2021

image.png

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
January 19, 2021

Hello @Ashley Kitson

Thank you very much for sending me a screenshot. 

The previous conversation was focused on the server version of our plugin. Therefore all recommendations posted by my colleague applied to Jira/BigPicture server. 

The situation looks a bit different with the Cloud version of Jira/BigPicture. The BigTempalte widget is still visible even if you delete/disable all templates. 

However, we are aware of our clients' needs, and the possibility to hide BigTemplate widget for certain projects is already on our Product Roadmap. 

Please follow the feature request link: ONE-19874 to be up to date with the functionality progress. Please note that it is best to open the link in the incognito tab of your browser.

Best,

Anna

Suggest an answer