How to remove none option from Multi select list custom field?

mani@123 June 28, 2019

Hello All,

How to remove None option from Multi select list custom field? 

I have made multi select field as required still it shows the None option.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

Mani

4 answers

0 votes
Ole William Hansen June 30, 2021

Is there an alternative way to achieve this, not using cascading 2 level lists?

0 votes
Ole William Hansen June 30, 2021

I have a required field, but I can leave this field with "none" set on the second level. This is not a correct implementation of "Required"

Users are not prompted on the second level "None" entered !

I will call this a bug.

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Cascading select field is a single entity. It's not 2 field.

From a data perspective, selecting a second-level value or not makes no difference... there is still data in the field.

In fact, there are some very valid business case for requiring a first-level value only.

I understand that the ability to have the "set required" functionality to be smart enough to give you this additional option whne the target field is a cascading select would be nice, but it would be a big change in the default implementation of the "set required" feature.

All that being said, using scriptrunner (and probably also some other apps) it is possible to apply validation to the cascading select to ensure that a second-level is always selected. Depending on your use case, this could be done with Behaviours, or Custom Validators in the workflow.

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2019

The "none" option in multi select field is not a real value, it is used to indicate that you want to clear that field.

If you make the field required, users selecting none will be prompted that the input is invalid and they will have to make another selection.

If you really need to hide the none value, you could use behavior formField.setFieldOptions

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2019

Mani,

Go to issues --> Custom Fields --> Select your field --> Configure --> Edit Default value.

Victor

mani@123 June 28, 2019

Hi Victor,

I have done that still it shows the None option.

Thanks,

Manikanta

mani@123 June 28, 2019

I have added below script in Behavior Initialiser and mapped to particular issue type. However default value shows for all issue type in the project

def desc = getFieldById("summary")

def defaultValue = """Default Value""".replaceAll(/ /, '')

if (getActionName() == "Create" && !underlyingIssue?.description) {
desc.setFormValue(defaultValue)
}

Suggest an answer