How to remove issue level security between issue types

T. Simpson December 15, 2017
I am using v7.1 server and have set issue security for my developers group for Incident types only. The problem is once I edit an issue to change the issue type to something other than incident, the security level remains. I would like the issue security to leave with the issue type so others are then able to view the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

The security level is not issue type dependent, it's a project thing.  Just changing issue type should have no effect because there's nothing to change.

You'll need to find or write a listener that can pick up "issue type change" and clear the security level if it spots incident moving to <other>

Thank you. Where would I find a listener? You are speaking about making changes to the workflow,  correct? 

I did create a post function to try setting the security level to none however nothing worked. 

Nonetheless, I will search for listeners.

Thanks again for the quick response. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Listeners are things that react to events.  They run outside the workflow.  Workflows throw events, but so do some config actions, and actions on issues that are not part of the workflow.

The reason I said listener is that you need to capture all possible issue updates as it is possible to "edit" the issue type, as well as "move" the issue to another type.  Those two events are "issue updated" and "issue moved", both of which are not workflow events!

Do I need to know a code to create the listener? I do not currently have any listeners created that aste similar to what i am trying to do. Thanks. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2017

I suspect you will have to write this one, yes.

Suggest an answer