How to remove all filters?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2012

Is there a way to remove all the filters?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2012
Ahhh! Now that I know what you are doing , there is possibly another way, depending on the type of testing you are doing. Jira won't send notifications to non jira users. I'm pretty sure that includes subscriptions but as I'm not at a PC I can't double check. So if you go to the global permissions and remove the jira-users group from the use permission. Leave jira administrators in so your team can stil test but I think. It should work and be better than wiping out parts of the database!
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2012

But i had written groovy script to send emails explictily to component leads who are jira-users. Will it work?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2012

This is probably a better way of handling notifications. Even i shuld remove jira administrators group also as there are around 25 users under it. Thanks for the answer.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2012

I don't use the Groovy scripts so I can't say but it depends on how explicit it is, if it uses the Jira mail system then it should be ok, if it sends it directly them it may have problems. Maybe ask Jamie Echlin as he's the expert in groovy

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2012

You could possibly use SQL & manually delete them. You'd have to shut Jira down, run SQL & restore but make sure it's tested and you have the backups on standby!

Have a look here for an idea of how to find the filters in the database, it lists the subscriptions by filter. I'd imagine you'd also have to get rid of the subscriptions and all the references to shared filters otherwise Jira is doing to have problems.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Example+SQL+queries+for+JIRA#ExampleSQLqueriesforJIRA-ListFilterSubscriptions

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Database+Schema

It would also not be supported by Atlassian so it's only a suggestion of last resort. How many filters do you have? The SQL is "select count(*) from searchrequest"

If there aren't many, maybe you could just remove them manually, it would be a lot safer.

Can I ask why you want to do it?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2012

Thanks for your answer.

We have around 5000 filters and most of them are subscribed with auto email notifications. Now we want to test some scenarios from our test instance and we want to enable the mail server for that. But if we do so, emails will be sent to all the users who subscribed thru the filters. So in order to block sending emails automatically, we have to remove all the filters. Please suggest if there is any other easy way for doing this.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2012
Please also check filter references in table gadgetuserpreference, column userprefvalue. Filters there are named filter-xxxxxx. If you delete filters without modifying or dropping the gadgets referring to them (by displayimg the dashboard containing them) this may clutter your logfile with stacktraces .. But it still works!
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2012

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am deleting both the tables.

-Srini

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2012

I don't think this is possible from GUI.

From jira 4.4.1 own wards, admins can remove other users filters.

Suggest an answer