How to remove a filed when resolving an issue?

Hi,

I want to remove a couple of fields when resolving an issue.  

jira resolve screen 01.2015.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

I could read that in two ways:

1.  You want to automatically remove data from the issue when you resolve the issue
  2. You want the user to see the screen you have posted, but with two fewer fields

If it is the first, then your best bet is to add "post functions" to the "resolve issue" transition that say "clear field X"

If it is either of them, then you want remove the fields from the "resolve issue" screen.  Go into the workflow, work out which screen it is using, go to that screen, and remove the fields.  For the first possible answer, you're removing them because whatever the user puts in is going to be overwritten by the post-function.  For the second possible answer, well, you're removing the field as requested.

Couple of caveats though:

• You can't remove the "comments" field.  It appears if the user can comment on the issue
  • If you remove the actual "resolution" field, it won't be set, and you'll find you have issues that are "closed", but JIRA reports on them as being unresolved.  If you remove resolution, you must use a post-function to set the resolution to something.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,754 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot