How to remove 'Labels' field from the issue screen, already removed from 'Create Issue' and 'Edit Issue' screen

Arndt Pauschardt January 3, 2012

I have removed the 'Labels' field from the 'Create Issue' , 'Edit Issue' and 'View Issue' screen and also hide it in the screen scheem. But it still appears when I look at the issue in the standard issue screen (the one that appears when clicking an issue from the dashboard or alike). How can I remove it also from this screen

Thx

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2012

To do this you'll have to modify the template that is used to display the issue, as the "View Issue" page is not customizable. This page should help a little - https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Modifying+JIRA+Templates+and+JSPs

6 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2012

A modification to James' comment: in this particular case, you don't need to edit the JSPs. You can 'Hide' these fields from your field configuration:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour

The problem is that this will affect all your issue operations: create, view, edit, etc.

Another way to put it:

• If you want to hide these completely, from all screens, use the field configuration (you can still associate field configurations to different issue types, just not to different issue operations).
  • If you want to hide these only on certain issue operations, use fields/screens/screen scheme/issue type screen scheme.

Lots of lingo, but hopefully that makes sense...

0 votes
Wendy Hynes July 26, 2012

I have tried the above on jira4.1, unfortunately it doesn't work. I am basically trying to add a text custom field which should be straight forward. Please help

Suggest an answer