It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to remove (?) (Get local help about Resolution) symbol for Resolution field?

Hi All,

I am trying create my own local help (?) symbol for Resolution field to exactly what the resolution contains and their definitions.

I'm able to get what I wanted to do but stuck with the system (?) symbol....

Please suggest how get rid of that (?) - Get local help about Resolution field.

Many thanks....

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 17, 2019

Hi Tejas,

If I understand your concern here, you are looking to create your own help menus for fields in Jira Server and in turn do not want to the default question mark icon to appear that can link users to some help pages instead.

I found that I could hide these elements on the page by adding a custom CSS script in the announcement banner of Jira Server (Sorry Jira Cloud users, this is not an option for you). Basically I used a script of:

<!-- CSS hack to hide question mark icons for default Jira system field help -->
<style type="text/css">
.help-lnk .aui-icon.aui-iconfont-help {
display: none;
}
</style>

And in turn I found that this would hide these elements on the page altogether for all end users that load this page.  I hope this helps.

Andy

Hi @Andy Heinzer ,

What can I say...

It worked... You're Awesome.

Tons of thanks

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 18, 2019

Awesome, glad to hear that helped.  In hind sight, I should have mentioned that I tested this on Jira server 8.4.2, which is the latest version of Jira Server as of today.  It is possible that other versions of Jira, both past and future could have different element names, and as such might need a slightly different CSS element selector to make this work. 

Like Tejas Naik likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you