How to remove (?) (Get local help about Resolution) symbol for Resolution field?

Teja October 14, 2019

Hi All,

I am trying create my own local help (?) symbol for Resolution field to exactly what the resolution contains and their definitions.

I'm able to get what I wanted to do but stuck with the system (?) symbol....

Please suggest how get rid of that (?) - Get local help about Resolution field.

Many thanks....

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi Tejas,

If I understand your concern here, you are looking to create your own help menus for fields in Jira Server and in turn do not want to the default question mark icon to appear that can link users to some help pages instead.

I found that I could hide these elements on the page by adding a custom CSS script in the announcement banner of Jira Server (Sorry Jira Cloud users, this is not an option for you). Basically I used a script of:

<!-- CSS hack to hide question mark icons for default Jira system field help -->
<style type="text/css">
.help-lnk .aui-icon.aui-iconfont-help {
display: none;
}
</style>

And in turn I found that this would hide these elements on the page altogether for all end users that load this page.  I hope this helps.

Andy

Teja October 18, 2019

Hi @Andy Heinzer ,

What can I say...

It worked... You're Awesome.

Tons of thanks

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Awesome, glad to hear that helped.  In hind sight, I should have mentioned that I tested this on Jira server 8.4.2, which is the latest version of Jira Server as of today.  It is possible that other versions of Jira, both past and future could have different element names, and as such might need a slightly different CSS element selector to make this work. 

Like Teja likes this

Suggest an answer