How to remove Create another option in create issue

BYA December 24, 2020

Hello, 

It is possible to remove the "create another"  when you want to create a ticket please : 

Capture.PNG

any script natif or with scriptrunner to do that. 

Please help. 

Thanks,

BR

Fayçal

2 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Hi @BYA ,

There is no feature to disable this option but just in case you want to do it you can insert custom css or JS using ScriptRunner or in the announcement banner. Try this code in the announcement banner.

<style type="text/css">
input#qf-create-another {
display: none;
}
label.qf-create-another {
display: none;
}
</style>

Ravi

BYA December 29, 2020

Hello @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_

Thank you for your answer. 

I am really beginner to script runner.  I go to administration --> manage applications --> Scriptrunner --> Fragments --> Create Script Fragments -->Install web resource

I have this dialog 

Capture4.PNG

Can you help me fill in the items to solve my problem and put the code you gave me previously please ? 

Thanks,

BR

Fayçal

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2020

The css Ravi posted goes to Announcement banner, as Ravi said.

Just paste that style to announcement banner, that's it, there's no need for script fragments or web resources.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2020

Hi @BYA 

As @Radek Dostál mentioned the css I posted will go as it is to the announcement banner. If you have ScriptRunner then even better, because you will have option to limit the style to a specific sections.

I made a video on doing exactly that. It will require some changes in yourJVM arguments in your setenv.sh/bat and will require a restart of Jira service because you have to specific resource location where the CSS/JS script will go.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

There's no way to do it, you'd need to hack the core code.

I would ask why you want to do this downgrade?  When people have a set of stories to raise, it's a useful option.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2020

I think a javascript could hide it (albeit probably tricky with observer for added elements and whatnot), but I agree, why downgrade it.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer