Now I use Jira6.0.1,I create some workflows、screens and fields in test system

I want release the workflows、screens and fields to production system。

Is there a way to do this。

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2013

No, there is no transport method for configuration settings between two Jira installations.

You can copy workflows over (with the problem that some references may need to be edited within the xml because it's unlikely your source and destination systems have the same ID numbers for fields, screens, groups etc). Nitram has linked to that.

But that's about it. Fields, schemes, screens, and everything else - has to be done by hand.

There are plugins in the marketplace that allow some more advanced and complete copying, but I haven't personally tried any of them. (I'm a bad admin - I work directly in production for new config, with very very hidden permission schemes)

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Hi,

you can do it, read the below link,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Sharing+Your+Workflow

Hope this Helps!

Wu Yanfeng July 18, 2013

Thanks for your answer。

What I need is like the answer。

But post-functions、vallidators、conditions will be discarded。

Is there any more powerfull way。

If not, I will use this method。

Wu Yanfeng July 18, 2013

I did what the link says。

Unable to create workflow, import cancelled.” error occured while creating custom fields, but no more detail information。

How can I get the error detail。

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Check the log file, where you tried to import.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2013

Read the application log file.

Suggest an answer