How to reference documentation in a Git repo using confluece?

Dee Heffemm November 17, 2017

I have a git repo containing roughly 30 text documents which relate to system admin procedures. I'd need to move these into Confluence and wondering what the options are (aside from cut-n-paste).

Ideally, it would be nice if I could just plug the git repo into confluence and be done. Is there some plugin that does this for confluence?

It would be nice if we could continue to make changes to docs in the git repo, but others could view them through confluence.  In a magical unicorn world, there would also be some sort of template that could be applied to the text files (for people without Unix goggles) only when they are viewed. Maybe something like this exists? 

I am continually impressed with the capability of Jira and Confluence so thinking it's worth a shot asking about it.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

If you are on Confluence Server I found these apps when searching the Marketplace, Git for Confluence and Include Bitbucket Server for Confluence

Dee Heffemm November 17, 2017

Thanks, I'll check them out

Suggest an answer