How to reference documentation in a Git repo using confluece?

I have a git repo containing roughly 30 text documents which relate to system admin procedures. I'd need to move these into Confluence and wondering what the options are (aside from cut-n-paste).

Ideally, it would be nice if I could just plug the git repo into confluence and be done. Is there some plugin that does this for confluence?

It would be nice if we could continue to make changes to docs in the git repo, but others could view them through confluence.  In a magical unicorn world, there would also be some sort of template that could be applied to the text files (for people without Unix goggles) only when they are viewed. Maybe something like this exists? 

I am continually impressed with the capability of Jira and Confluence so thinking it's worth a shot asking about it.

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Nov 17, 2017

If you are on Confluence Server I found these apps when searching the Marketplace, Git for Confluence and Include Bitbucket Server for Confluence

Thanks, I'll check them out

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

151 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you