How to redirect to System dashboard from login.jsp page

Jan Prokeš
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2013
Hi there, I would like force users to login via System dashboard login gadget, becouse we have some informations on that page, we would like all users don't miss when accessing jira. login.jsp seems to be default page when user is not logged in, how can I change that? How can I redirect to system dashboard all not logged users? If there is no configuration option, what would be the best way how to do that via plugin? Thank you very much for any answer.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2013

Modify the URL to /secure/Dashboard.jspa instead of /secure/MyJiraHome.jspa in atlassian-jira/default.jsp file.

Jan Prokeš
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2013

Hi Jobin,

thank you, it's better now. I'm redirected to dashboard when I acces jira domain directly, but I'm not, when I log out or session expires. Is there any way how to redirect to system dashboard in those cases?

Thank you

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2013

That will need modifications to logout.jsp I think.

Jan Prokeš
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2013

That did the trick. I have added redirect to system dashboard in login.jsp and it works perfectly. Thank you.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2017

I have the same request. However, I changed mine to redirect to /login.jsp instead of the system dashboard. So I modified the /atlassian-jira/default.jsp page to redirect to /login.jsp instead of /secure/Dashboard.jspa and then restarted the JIRA service. However, it still redirects to the system dashboard. Any ideas on why it's doing this? Thanks.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2017
Thomas Dalessandro November 3, 2017

Tiffany, Can you please tell me which update fixed it for you? Thanks

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2017

Hi Thomas, I actually found a better way to accomplish this. Just put this script in your announcement banner and change the privacy to "Public." :)

<script>
if(jQuery('#header-details-user-fullname').text().indexOf(" ") ==-1 && window.location.href.indexOf("/secure/Dashboard.jspa") != -1)
{ window.location = contextPath+"/login.jsp" }
</script>

Thomas Dalessandro November 3, 2017

Awesome!  I'll give it a try..  Thank you!

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2020

@Tiffany OwenI'm not quite sure I understand your instructions. I'm assuming the script would be placed below the actual message you want in the banner. Likewise, I would think you would put the actual landing page path inside the quotes in this line:

window.location.href.indexOf("/secure/Dashboard.jspa")

I also don't understand what is being changed when you are changing the privacy to "Public". Could you please explain this a bit more?

Suggest an answer