How to query on a part of a value of a custom field?

Jagriti Sharma November 19, 2018

In my project, there is a custom field called "Build". This field contain a value like below

"Front-End-Version-3.3-555"

"Front-End-version-3.3-556" 

and in further increments , 557, 558, 559... and so on.

Now, if i want to find builds between say "Front-End-version-3.3-556" and "Front-End-version-3.3-559", how do i search for all items?

1 answer

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

Assuming Build is a select list field. If you want to search between "Front-End-version-3.3-556" and "Front-End-version-3.3-559", you need enter all the build numbers like 

bulid in ("Front-End-version-3.3-556", "Front-End-version-3.3-557","Front-End-version-3.3-558","Front-End-version-3.3-559")

As Custom field options are string values, you can't search like option (abc1 to abc5)

Jagriti Sharma November 19, 2018

I tried using above method, but looks like "IN" operator is not available for builds field. The only allowable operators are ~ !~ is is not

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

do you mean , you are using text field . If you are using text field, you can't use = or in operator ~ , !~ , is , is not operators only

Jagriti Sharma November 21, 2018

yes. i am using text field.

Suggest an answer