Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to put a regex in the issue description?

Łukasz I'm New Here Jan 06, 2022

Hi

I am writing to enquire about the inclusion of the code in the description of the issue. If i use code statement, for example to add regex.

2022-01-07_00h26_34.png
after saving i will get something like this:

2022-01-07_00h26_45.png

Is there any other way to put regex in to issue description?

thank you in advance.
Łukasz

3 answers

1 vote

I've just tried adding the regex above in our on-prem Jira DC (8.13.x on psql) and it saved/rendered as expected.

^(?:[A-Z]{2})?\d(15,)$

Have you tried saving a more basic version of the regex to see if that works, then expanding to see where the breaking point is?

CCM

1 vote

Hi @Łukasz ,

I tried in Cloud and Server instances and when I saved the regex it didn't change the formatting:

Is this something that you see consistently when creating Jira tickets containing regex expressions? (or maybe I misunderstood)

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 5.48.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-06 at 5.46.19 PM.png

0 votes
Łukasz I'm New Here Jan 07, 2022

Hi 

@Carlos Garcia Navarro @Craig Castle-Mead Thank you for your quick response. 

I found cause of this case. If put dollar character as last, code block does not work, but if i put whitespace character after dollar character like space, pattern is saving correctly.

2022-01-07_11h58_17.png

Łukasz ;) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you