How to prevent opening new browser tab when creating new page from Pages section?

Murz November 26, 2019

When I press "Create new item" in Pages section of Jira project (selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Aproject-pages-page) - it opens new browser window (tab) with inline modal dialog window, instead of showing inline modal dialog window in current page, that's very annoying!

Why this happens? How to prevent opening new window on each "Create new item" click?

2 answers

0 votes
Murz November 27, 2019

Here is screenshot of Jira interface with "Create new empty page" button:

dtPKGXF

After clicking this button - browser opens new window, instead of show modal window in current window - that's very annoying!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2019

Thank you for the screenshot, korepov.

It’s expected that it opens a new tab because in order to create a page it’s necessary to use Confluence, it’s not possible to edit or create a new page on Jira’s view.

Murz December 1, 2019

Thanks for description, but will this be fixed in future? Because this is very bad UX. Maybe good way is switch to Confluence already in "Pages" page, instead of display almost "readonly" list of pages in Jira module?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Currently, we don't have any suggestions for that, so we can't tell if it will be fixed, mainly because it's not a bug, but expected to open Confluence to create pages.

Please, feel free to raise a feature request on jira.atlassian.com (project JSWCLOUD) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2019

Hello korepov,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Reading the details you provided, I believe that it happens when you want to create a new page, is that correct?

I’m not sure if we are on the same page, because I don’t see the option “Create new item” on Pages in a project.

On the Pages, when I click to create a new one, it will be redirected to Confluence, which is expected because we can’t create or edit Confluence pages in Jira.

Please, let us know more details about the issue and if possible, send us a screenshot, so we can replicate the issue here.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer