How to prevent an issue type from being put in a specific status?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I basically want to only allow bugs to be put in a "resolved" state.

I copied the default jira workflow and now I'm lost. ;)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Delete the transitions that goes to "Resolved" state. And then delete the step as well. You can then create a scheme where bug has the default workflow and everything else has the new workflow.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

perfect answer. succinct and all that i needed!

bonus points, how could i alter the bug workflow (currently using default jira workflow) to only allow the bug reporter to move to Closed state?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

You will have to copy it again, as you can't edit the default flow, and then add a workflow condition on the 'Close' transition that says only Assignee can do this transition. Simialr to the condition on "Start Progress" action.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

double kudos! you made my tomorrow morning! ;)

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

Cheers to a better tomorrow ;)

Suggest an answer