How to prevent a user or group members to view the project components?

Tayo October 28, 2015

Hi,

I am working with JIRA 5.2.

I would like to set up an access to our vendors to some specific project's issues. I created a "vendor A" user group and a private issue scheme which allows only reporter|current assignee|developers|user or  group in CC to view the issue. In  the project  (with issue scheme "private") scheme I defined, a group or user in CC has the 'Browse project' permission. So when I put in a issue with the 'private' scheme the "vendor A"  group in CC they can view the issue but what is a problem for me it is the fact that the vendor can see the project components which  is some information I don't want to share to the vendor.

How can I proceed for the vendor or any user who is an observer to only view the issue is allowed to, to not view the project components?

Thanks for your help,

Eliane

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2015

Nope, if you can see the project, then you can see the things that belong to that project.  There's no way to hide components from certain users because it doesn't really make any sense to do so.  If there are genuinely things to hide from them, then you should probably be setting up a separate project for them.

Suggest an answer