How to move the "Acceptance Criteria" field below the "Description" field in the issue detail view

Currently, the "Acceptance Criteria" field is listed above the "Description" field.  All the users are taken back and feel uncomfortable to see the acceptance criteria before the description field.

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote

That's the standard full issue view.

To move the fields around in there (other than the order in which some custom fields appear in the custom field area), you need to hack the core code that draws the screen

0 vote
Gaston Valente Community Champion Dec 28, 2017

Balaji, You can drag and drop up and down the field to the desired order from the Issue Detail View option at Board Settings

Gaston,

The issue detail view allows me to move the field within the section called "General Fields". 

I want the "Acceptance Criteria" field to be listed below the Description field.  Secondly, the "Description" field is not listed in the issue detail view.

Bajali, can you send me an screenshot and let me know the jira version?

thanks!

Gaston,

The version is 6.4.5

Kai Forsyth Atlassian Team Dec 28, 2017

@Balaji Madana – are you using the new issue view on the board and the backlog as described on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html ?

@Kai Forsyth, is using 6.4.5, maybe it's using the classic issue detail view.

@Balaji Madana, are you refering to the standard view issue screen when you access the issue?

To order those fields you need to edit the screen designated as the view screen for that issue type on that project.

This can be done from the project administation, selecting the issue type screen scheme and then follow the link to the screen scheme and finally the view issue screen:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-720412215.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/defining-a-project-720412409.html

Once you enter the screen configuration you can drag and drop the fields to reorder

Kai - I am not using the new issue view.

Gaston - It is the issue view screen comes as shown below

@Gaston Valente

If you look at the image, the "Acceptance Criteria" field is in the details section.  I would like to see it under the description section.

0 vote
Gaston Valente Community Champion Jan 03, 2018

Hi!

As Nic said, there's no way to achieve this from the UI

0 vote

Perhaps from the browser, you can hack the code and make suitable changes, however, it's not permanent.

Thanking everyone for the response.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot