How to move a ticket from one board to another when it reaches a certain status

edward_jones February 20, 2020

I am using a helpdesk project as a triage board. At the end I have two statuses in the 'Done' Column: To Backlog and To In Progress. I would like it so that when tickets is assigned a new status it is sent to its respective place on another board. How can I do this? 

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

Hello @edward_jones 

A board will display whatever is found after running the Board filter. So, if you want to have a specific status show up on the 2nd board, you would need to update the 2nd boards filter to include issues with the "To Backlog" or "To In Progress" status. You will also need to update your first board to exclude issues that go in to those statuses. Does that make sense?

Hopefully that answers your question, if not Ill try to explain another way. :-)

edward_jones February 20, 2020

Hi Edwin, thanks for getting back! So I'm not sure a filter is the right method, but I may be wrong. Currently I can move issues from one board to another by clicking on the 'Actions' ellipsis next to the issue and selecting 'Move'. I can then move the issue to a new board and select a new status. I'm wondering if it's possible to automate this and send issues to their respective place on the new board depending on their final status. 

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

When you say "new board" are you referring to a new project? as in move to another project?

Suggest an answer