It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to move ONLY the remaining sub tasks to new Sprint?

Hello,

How can I move ONLY the remaining sub tasks along with Parent(Story) to new Sprint? When I move Story to new Sprint, it also moves sub tasks that are already completed in earlier Sprint. I think it doesn't look good if you see some tasks are already done at the start of the Sprint.

Thanks!!

1 answer

Hi @Ratna Bikram Adhikari 

A sub-task is part of a parent issue.  That issue should remain open until all the parts of it are complete, so all of it goes into the next sprint if any part of it is incomplete.

If you want to show that these work are completed, an option is to split the story and move the uncompleted sub-tasks to the new story and push it to the next sprint. It is a scope change in essence but you did commit to the story as a whole when the sprint started and hence you are answerable for the scope change!

Sub-tasks belongs to the story and are not counted against the sprint. Stories belongs to sprints and they are either completed or not completed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you