How to modify the limit size of JIRA single file upload

cheung April 8, 2020

After JIRA created a problem, if the upload attachment exceeds 1m, there will be an error. (An internal error has occurred. Please contact your administrator.)How can I modify the upload size limit of a single file?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

Hello @cheung ,

Choose > System

Select Advanced > Attachments

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-file-attachments-938847851.html

As mentioned above, if you have not logged in as a user with the Jira System Administrators global permission, then this option will not be available to you.

TIM截图20200409114907.png

cheung April 8, 2020

I know the size limit of all uploaded attachments, but what I want to know is how to set the size of a single file?

thanks

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

I think the attachment size here is for a single attachment. For example, if the limit is 10MB, you cannot upload a single attachment larger than 10MB, but you can upload three attachments that are 9MB at the same time.

If the value you configure here is greater than 1MB, but you still cannot upload a 1MB attachment, it is recommended to check whether the size of the attachment is limited by the configuration of other middle layers, such as Ngnix.

cheung April 9, 2020

It has been solved. It's the nginx configuration problem. Add the client_max_body_size field. Thank you for your answer

Like Ollie Guan likes this

Suggest an answer