Here is the scenario
1. We have created many tests (Test Type: Manual) from the user stories
2. Each test contain test steps (Step/Data/Expected Result) and some steps are common across multiple test cases (like Launch browser and navigate to XYZ application or Search for transaction with ID)
3. Some times there is a need to update the test cases based on new requirements/user stories or review comments from the cross-functional teams.
4. Currently we are forced to open each affected test case in a window, go to affected test step, update it, save the changes. Repeat the process for all affected test cases.
5. It is consuming lot of redundant effort and lead to mistakes.
Is there a better way to update the test steps which are common across multiple test cases? Or add a new test step to multiple test cases?
Currently you can use the Bulk change to edit the Test Steps of your Tests.
You just need to create and run a JQL to filter the Tests you want to change the Test Steps.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events