Here is the scenario
1. We have created many tests (Test Type: Manual) from the user stories
2. Each test contain test steps (Step/Data/Expected Result) and some steps are common across multiple test cases (like Launch browser and navigate to XYZ application or Search for transaction with ID)
3. Some times there is a need to update the test cases based on new requirements/user stories or review comments from the cross-functional teams.
4. Currently we are forced to open each affected test case in a window, go to affected test step, update it, save the changes. Repeat the process for all affected test cases.
5. It is consuming lot of redundant effort and lead to mistakes.
Is there a better way to update the test steps which are common across multiple test cases? Or add a new test step to multiple test cases?
Currently you can use the Bulk change to edit the Test Steps of your Tests.
You just need to create and run a JQL to filter the Tests you want to change the Test Steps.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event