How to modify interface tab Activity of Issue?

SungLB June 4, 2012

I have source code jira 4.3.

Now, I want to modify interface tab Activity of issue.

You can guide to me or send to me some documents to guide to change interface tab activity of issue?

Thank you for help me !

2 answers

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

Just step in to show the Feature Request created related to this:

Create a custom tab in JIRA issue view

It will help a lot if we can create a "custom" tab in the Activity session of the Issue View, so we can define which information is important to show to the customer or not.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Andre

0 votes
grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2012
<!-- Activity panel -->
    <web-panel key="activitymodule" location="atl.jira.view.issue.left.context" weight="900">
        <context-provider class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.MultiContextProvider">
            <param name="pluginKey">${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}</param>
            <param name="ctxProvider-1">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.I18nContextProvider</param>
            <param name="ctxProvider-2">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.BaseUrlContextProvider</param>
            <param name="ctxProvider-3">com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.ActivityBlockViewIssueContextProvider</param>
        </context-provider>

<resource name="view" type="velocity" location="viewissue/activityblock.vm"/>

<label key="common.concepts.activity" />

</web-panel>

jira-project/jira-components/jira-plugins/jira-view-issue-plugin/src/main/resources/atlassian-plugin.xml

Try to make changes in viewissue/activityblock.vm

SungLB June 4, 2012

Hi Grigory Chernyshev, thank you for reply !

where can I find "viewissue/activityblock.vm" in the "jira\WEB-INF"?

I don't find "jira-project/jira-components/jira-plugins/jira-view-issue-plugin/src/main/resources/atlassian-plugin.xml" in my jira source code?

You can see image for detail.

I have a question:

I can modify activityblock.vm in "jira deploy (jira build)"? and where can I find activityblock.vm?

Thank you for help me.

grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2012

Hm, I got Jira 4.4 sources and everything is ok - atlassian-jira-4.4-source/jira-project/jira-components/jira-plugins/jira-view-issue-plugin/ path exists.

Try to use Far/total Commander or any other tool for searching for files and search for activityblock.vm.

Also, make sure, that during unpacking of archive with sources there were no errors.

Yes, you can modify Velocity templates. But in that case you have to rebuild Jira from sources.

SungLB June 4, 2012

Hi Grigory Chernyshev

I have jira source code 4.3.4. And I not find "activityblock.vm" in my source code ?

Please to help me, thank you !

SungLB June 5, 2012

Hi Grigory Chernyshev

I am using JIRA source code 4.3.4 not use 4.4

You can tell me exact File I can modify interface tab Activity of Issue with jira 4.3.4

Thank you very much !

Suggest an answer