How to mark duplicate anomaly as duplicate and who have authority to do it?

Pooja Shivaji Sanap September 16, 2019

How to mark duplicate anomaly as duplicate and who has the authority to do it? and what is mean by duplicates and By duplicate fields in linking issues?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

@Pooja Shivaji SanapUsually this is not a good practice to log duplicate issues in Jira. This end up in tough to manage situation.

But if somehow you end up creating duplicate issue you have two options,

1. Link duplicate issue to existing issue as duplicate
    • Any person who have access to edit issue link permission in Jira can do this
    • When you close main issue, you can also close duplicate issue
    • You can also write some automation on this using Plugins like ScriptRunner to auto close duplicate issue when linked issue is closed
  2. Delete duplicate issue
    • In this you need to be careful about transferring information (make sure no information is lost) from one issue to another
    • Usually Project Lead have permission to delete issues in project.

I guess this clarifies your doubts.

Pooja Shivaji Sanap September 18, 2019

yes..Thank you

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

Any user who has "Link Issues" permission for a project can link issues. Duplicate generally means that both issue requires the same solution. Practical usage of issue relationship may change from company to company and if you want you can add new relations. Also there are several add-ons on the marketplace that help you to locate duplicate issues or prevent creating duplicate issues but they are generally for server version of Jira.

Pooja Shivaji Sanap September 16, 2019

My question is how to set the resolution to duplicate because I don't have access to update resolution who have that authority?

Suggest an answer