How to manage estimate for unfinished tasks after a sprint is over

YONG JI October 11, 2013

Hi

If I have a unfinished task when a sprint is over, how should I adjust estimate of those tasks?

Once it's been put to the backlog it will display original estimate. However, the remaining will be shorter than that, since the assingee already worked on it during last sprint. If I limit based on the total of original esitimate to add tasks to that person, it's not accurate since esitmate of the task from the previous sprint is shorter than original esitmate. Would advice me how I resolve this?

Best,

Yong

1 answer

0 votes
P R October 14, 2013

Are you referring to the estimates (minutes/hours) associated to the subtasks or to the point value associated to the parent task/user story?

YONG JI October 14, 2013
I'm referring both. Let's say. I have a single task that doesn't have subtasks. The original estimate was 6 hours and I was only be able to work on it for 3 hours during the sprint and the sprint is over. When I go to the planning board, I found that it's hour is displayed as 6 hours. However, the time that I really need is 3 hours. That difference makes me hard to put right amount of work for me for the following sprint.

Suggest an answer