It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to make time tracking mandatory?

I need all users to track the time they have spent on tasks but to ensure this, I need time tracking to become a mandatory selection when a user moves the status of a task.

Is this possible to do without needing a plug in?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair 

You need to add "Validators" in your workflow step.

Please check https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-validators

You will need to select 'Field Required Validator' and then select the appropriate field in the next screen.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 8.49.55 pm.png

@Lenin Raj Rajasekaran  I cannot seem to find the edit option when opening the workflow. I am using Jira Cloud 

@Lenin Raj Rajasekaran I cannot seem to find the edit option when opening the workflow. I am using Jira Cloud 

@Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair  You may not have relevant permission to edit I think. Can you ask the project admin? 

Hi @Lenin Raj Rajasekaran I have the same question. I've just added the Validator on transition, published the workflow and tested it. I managed to perform transition without logging time, and didn't receive an error message I've set up to pop up.

I am guessing that this is only possible for the custom Time Spent field, but we just deleted that and incorporated Time Tracking instead.

Is there any way to make Time Tracking (not custom Time Spent) mandatory?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you