How to make required Release Date when creating a Fix Version

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

hello Community,

At the project level. When you click on the "Releases" tab and are taken to the page where one creates Fix Versions I currently see the below:

JIRAReleases.PNG

I would like to know if there is anyway to make the "Release Date (optional)" required. For my use case we would like to ensure that everyone enters a Release Date when they create their fix versions.

Appreciate any help on the matter!

Thank you,

-Roberto

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2019

Hello Roberto,

Unfortunately, JIRA does not have a feature to make the release dates mandatory when creating a new one, however, we have already requested it as a suggestion to our development team, although it does not receive many votes until now:

Making Release Start date and End date Mandatory

Please, feel free to give your feedback in the suggestion and also vote/watch it to receive notifications and increase the implementation possibility.

You can refer to our Implementation of new features Policy to know how our developers decide what they should prioritize. 

Dayanand April 8, 2020

Hi Petter,

Can it be implemented using script runner. if yes how.

Like Chandana likes this

Suggest an answer