How to make personal OKR private using OBoard App for Jira?

Adithya Viswanathan November 28, 2022

Hello,

As a Jira admin, and member of large team, we are cultivating the habit of creating and maintaining personal OKRs for personal development. Currently all the personal OKRs created in the OBoard are visible to everyone who has access to Jira & the board. 

Is there an option to make personal OKRs private? 

@Dimi Zu  Any suggestions?

4 answers

3 votes
Margo Sakova - OKR Board for Jira by Oboard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2024

Hi @Adithya Viswanathan

It took a while, but this week we've finally released Private OKRs 🎉
This feature allows you to hide OKRs from everyone except the OKR Owner, Stakeholders, and Plugin Admins.

To make an OKR private, you should simply click on the lock icon 🔒 in the right corner while creating a new OKR or editing an existing one.

private-okrs-for-jira-oboard.png

You can find all the details in our Changelog.
Please subscribe to receive product updates there so that you won't miss any important features in the future 🙂

3 votes
Viktor November 28, 2022

Hello @Adithya Viswanathan 

Thank you for your question.

If you would like to hide the personal OKR progress from other users - it's possible to do by applying the company setting "Block exploring other people's progress"

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.50.49.png

If you want to hide personal OKRs at all - you can keep these OKRs in a private workspace. 

In the future, we will add the possibility to set visibility settings based on O or KR.

Best,
Viktor

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Adithya Viswanathan -

This is something that we could help with at minware -- we have all of the data available and restricted / personal dashboards are on our roadmap. Would love to chat about your requirements and I'm happy to talk to the team about prioritizing this work if it is something that you are needing to solve for. 

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Hello @Adithya Viswanathan hope all is well! Wanted to drop you a quick update as this feature has come up on our roadmap. Were you able to solve? If not I would love to learn more about your requirements and see if minware is a good fit. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Adithya Viswanathan welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Their Documentation link is currently not accessible due to suspended Atlassian Cloud products, ouch.

Adithya Viswanathan November 28, 2022

Thanks for the quick response @Dave Mathijs . I also encountered this issue, but I was not sure if this was problem from the user end or from OBoard Atlassian Cloud.  

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2022

The site was temporarily deactivated, but it appears that it was reactivated within 1 day from this initial report.  It appears to be up and functional today from what I can see.

Suggest an answer