How to make it so that the sender of the request could see who the performer is?

morty - July 28, 2022

Как сделать так, чтобы отправитель запроса мог видеть, кто исполнитель
111.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @morty - ,

Using native functionalities, it's impossible to present the request's Assignee. You can display Assignee on the Request page as an additional column.

You can also vote for the feature request which Patrik listed in the comment. But looking for other requests we can wait and wait without any resolution for years...

If you want to show it on the request, you have to use the app. Our Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management provides this feature, and many many more, such as a request edition, panel with workflow steps, or highly customizable announcement banners.

Best regards,

Kate from Appsvio

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_

I have to disagree with the statement "Using native functionalities, it's impossible to present the request's Assignee". My solution is a workaround, but it shows the assignee and automation can keep the assignee actual, so technically it's possible using native functions.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

But as I understand you have to add a custom field where this value will be added from the Assignee field. To show it on the request, you have to add it to the request form, so it makes your customers confused and think that they have to fill this field. So, what is technically possible doesn't always have the correct business use.

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

Thank you for your opinion and I understand that the sale of your product influences it. However, I am not trying to sell a product; instead, I focus on helping people. I don't label one's business use case as right or wrong; I leave that up to them.

If we don't prepare for this in advance, we can confuse our customers. However, we can avoid this if it is acceptable for us to have a pre-populated field:

• Automation to add assignee tag

automation_request.png
  • Result

form_request_type.png

There are many ways to approach this. I am simply listing them as possibilities.

Another is to create an automation that will add a form which updates according to the assignee. This way, the customer will not be "confused" as long as we explain our workaround:

• Form set up
    • Create a new form with your custom field linked (Mine named "Customer Care ID")
  • Automation

automation_form.png
  • Result
    • The created form when opened will show the current assignee
    • form_assignee.png

Of course, we can also create another automation to update the custom field every time the assignee is changed:

• When: issue assigned
  • Then: Edit issue fields
    • Your custom field with smart value: [~accountid:{{issue.assignee.accountId}}]

All that being said the app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management seems to be a good solution with other great features. I'd say it's fairly priced, if you don't want to be dependent on workarounds, give it a try.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Now I understand your proposals.

In case of the first automation, we have to remember to add this Customer Care ID custom field to the request form if this value should be displayed for customer. It'll be good to add a description what is the purpose of this field. For me, the second idea is brilliant and less confusing for customers. Unfortunately, Forms are available only for Jira cloud. I found a lite version of ProForma on the Atlassian Marketplace which is available for data center. But I don't know if it's possible to attach this form in the automation.

Anyway, I really like that we can learn from each other in the community :) @Patrik Korovsky, I think you should create a short article about your solution because showing the assignee on the request is a known limitation and a very popular question here.

Like Patrik Korovsky likes this
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2022

Thank you for your input, I am always happy when I can help someone achieve their goal.

I'm new to the Atlassian community, so I'm happy to create new articles, this time more detailed, this was just to make a point. ("Customer Care ID" for example was just easily accessible to me).

It's thanks to your reply that I was tinkering with it until I came up with a solution using the form. Discussions are one of the best ways to find new things.

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

I'm also thinking of using ScriptRunner for Jira which is one of the most popular apps in the ecosystem and a lot of companies use it. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with writing scripts, so maybe someone from Adaptavist will help with this idea - @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ? 🤔

@morty - as you can see, you have a lot of options that are not explicit functionality called "Show Assignee on the portal". 

0 votes
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2022

Hi @morty -

This is currently not possible. The "assignee" field is hidden by default and cannot be shown.

You can create a custom field, mark it as "performer" and display it to the customer in the Help Desk. You can do this in the Project settings -> Request types -> Request form.

Will this " performer" also be the "assignee"? If so, you can create an automation that will populate the custom field with their [~accountid:XXX]. Which would show in the Service Desk as so:

Performer.png

Since I'm not sure how you would like to use it, please let me know if this is enough information for you.

Cheers,
Patrik

Suggest an answer