How to make calculated custom field read only in JIRA Cloud

Stephane Zoko February 11, 2021

Hi,

I have a numeric custom field whose value is the result of the product of two other fields.

I would like to make it readonly.

NB: I was able to do it in On Premise in the behavior but I can't do it in Cloud, a hand?

2 answers

3 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that currently that is not possible to make fields read only with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud as we do not provide the same behaviours functionality that the server version provides.

We are looking into adding behaviours in future and have a backlog ticket for this located here and I would ask you to vote on this and your use cases to it if it is something that would be useful to your organisation.

However, in ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud,  I can confirm that we provide Scripted Fields as documented here and these fields are programatically calculated when an issue is loaded and do not appear on the create or edit screens so cannot be updated by users and may help to achieve your requirement inside of Jira Cloud.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Hi @Stephane Zoko ,

1. About calculated custom field  in cloud->

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-61966

2. Workaround: is create field in view mode, then write a script outside of Jira which will update info via REST api. 

3. Workaround: the same idea via Scriptrunner

https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/script-listeners.html#_examples

4. Workaround : create forge app to expose that calculation ... too complicated for only one field

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events