How to make Kanban board show same issues as list?

Jeff Greenberg April 1, 2016

In JIRA 7.0.9, I created a Kanban board and assigned it to an existing project.

• The issue list shows all issues. 
  • The board shows none. 
  • The statuses are all assigned to columns. 
  • There are no quick filters being used. 
  • I do not know if there is a default sub-filter in use, because references to where it is and how to access it all seem to apply to JIRA 6.x (as does most of the Kanban documentation). 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2016

Boards do not belong to projects, so "assigned it to an existing project" doesn't make sense.  The docs for 6 and 7 are similar, although Kanban has changed, it's not huge and the basic principles are the same.

Go to the board configuration and look at the first page.  This gives you the filter the board is using - check that makes sense and is the same as what you get when you say "the issue list" in your first point.

Beneath that, you'll see the sub-filter which will be something like "fixVersion is unreleased or fixVersion is empty"

Jeff Greenberg April 1, 2016

I think it was my word order? When I created the board, I was able to select which project(s) can use it.

Found the sub-filter and cleared it, and voila. Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2016

Problem is that if you remove the sub-filter, you have no way of getting issues "done" cleared off the board.

Suggest an answer