How to make Jira ticket attachment visible only to reporter and watchers/participants?

Li Huang October 22, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to make attachments of a Jira ticket visible only to reporter and watchers/participants?

The background is that files attached to the ticket are confidential. The files shall be visible only to file author and reviewers.

Please advise how to implement this functionality via Jira admin/plugin.

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

Have not tried it myself, but the live fields functionality of power scripts for jira claims to support the attachment graphic element.

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Fields+and+graphic+elements+supported+by+Live+Fields

So theoretically it should be able to hide it.

Li Huang October 23, 2019

Thanks Andrew.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

You cannot do this at all in plain Jira, an issue is visible in its entirety, or it is not.  You can't hide bits of it.

With an app, you'll need to write a whole new attachment function to handle this, I can't see a way to inject hiding into the attachments.

Li Huang October 22, 2019

Thanks Nic. I understand this would be feasible with additional Jira plugin.

Suggest an answer