How to list all Epics and associated stories in one view

Sameh Khalil April 25, 2023

How can to list all Epics and associated stories in one view

1 answer

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi, @Sameh Khalil - if you're just looking for a search result that shows all epics in a project and all stories that are part of epics, that's simple. Go to Filters -> Advanced Issue Search and enter this in the JQL field:

project = JIRA and ( issuetype = task and "Epic Link" is not empty or issuetype = epic)

(change the project name and issue types to match yours.)

If you're looking for a visual, try the project roadmap.

2023-04-25 10_02_08-CS board - Roadmap - The Jira of Champions - Brave.png

If you don't see Roadmap as an option in your left navbar (above Backlog), go to your board settings (or have your board admin do so if you don't have access).

boardSettings.png

And turn on the toggles in the Roadmap tab:

roadmap.png

Thank you. Is there a way where I can list Epics and Stories visually the same or semi-like the Road Map where each Epic has its children (Stories, Bugs, Tasks) listed underneath. Unfortunately I do not have the Road Map module enabled

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Sameh, I don't know that there is another way visually. The roadmap view is native to Jira, so enabling it will be the easiest way to do what you need. Is there a reason you don't want to enable it or request that your board admin do so?

Of course I wish I have it but as far as I know Road Map and Advance Road Map require additional licenses that the company has to buy and I think currently we are not licensed to use them.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Advanced Roadmaps do require the premium version of Jira; they allow much more than what you're asking for. Project-level roadmaps are native to Jira and are available even on the free plan.

This is good news could you please let me know how to enable the Road Map feature since it is already native to Jira

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Please see my original answer; you (or your board admin) will need to go to the Roadmap tab of the Board Settings. I posted screenshots of how to get there and what to do to enable it.

Suggest an answer