How to link sub-task in CSV import?

I have been trying to import issues with there respective subtasks through CSV import. the subtasks and issues are creating sucessfully but the link between them is missing.Can anyone suugest if i am missing something. Here is the attached csv file 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 18, 2015

When doing the import and selecting  the fields, you must map these two Atlassian System Fields to some field in your CSV. You will need to create one if that does not exist. These are the two fields:

• Parent Issue
  • Issue ID

Thanks for the response Timothy, i am still getting the below error. Issue 'BAGALL-3227' is not of a sub-task type (Subtask). It will NOT be a sub-task of the issue 'BAGALL-3226' These are my configurations: Issue ID -> Issue id Issue Type -> Issue Type Parent ID -> Parent id Status -> Status Story Points -> Story Points Summary -> Summary

Check the issue type of BAGALL-3227. It should be a Sub-Task issue type.

Hi Rahul, the issue is a subtask type, we have a issueype named subtask which has been add as a subtask. so, i think it wont't be a problem.

Subtasks only need Parent ID specified. Issue ID column needs to be blank for subtask

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,982 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot