How to limit developers to only create sub-task issue type?

Mukesh Bathija June 26, 2017

Hi all, I have defined various issue types. However, I want the developer groups to only create sub-tasks only? Please help how I can achieve this?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Natively, you can't.  "Create issue" allows a user to create any type of issue in a project.

There are some tricks, including

• Javascript (clunky, hard to write, hard to maintain, and a doddle to get past)
  • Injected javascript by add-ons, such as the Behaviours module in ScriptRunner.  (Yes, I work for Adaptavist, but that's the only one I actually know of that does it.  There may be others.  You can still bypass it, but it's easier to handle)
  • Don't stop them starting the creation, but block it when they click create after entering the data.  This is usually done by making them fail a "validator", although in some cases you can do it by making a field mandatory for the issue type and then not letting those users have it on screen.
Seif El Kari January 22, 2020

Hi nic for option two can you give us an example using ScriptRunner Behaviors ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Suggest an answer