How to join a project in JIRA?

Clint Oliver September 3, 2013

Hello,

I'm relatively new to JIRA and I was having trouble joining a project for a client, because I was connecting through their VPN remotely and the automatic link they provided me to join the project doesn't seem to work through the remote VPN.

I was wondering where within JIRA can I just see what projects I've been invited to, or even, manually add myself to a project, provided I give the proper account information.

Thanks for your help,

Clinton Oliver

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Clint Oliver September 8, 2013

Solved it. The company's VPN wasn't working correctly through Firefox. Using IE gave me the proper link to join the project.

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Clinton

Your user was previouly registered in groups/roles according to the business rules of the company, to change it, you will have to contact the jira-administrators of the company.

Also, to check the projects you are registered, after login-in you just have to click in the Projects tab and a list of projects will be showed

Hope it helps.

Ricardo Carracedo.

Clint Oliver September 3, 2013

Hi Ricardo,

I had been concerned some sort of behavior with multiple account entries might have been the problem. It sounds like you are confirming my original fears.

As for the project registration list, I saw a number of Atlassian projects (which I imagine are just open for any user to contribute to / offer user testing), but I did not see the project listed for my given company.

Thanks for your response. I'll have to see what I can do with the jira admins within the company.

Suggest an answer