How to integrate with JSM to AWS Cloudwatch

Joe Killian July 22, 2021

We are looking forward to implementing AWS OpsItems into Jira Service Management Cloud. Ideally, we want the JSM to create a ticket automatically when AWS OpsCenter raised an alarm right away.  The tutorials online do not suit the JSM Cloud version :) 

4 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Fortunately AWS has recently released the Cloud version of their well documented and maintained AWS Service Management Connector for JSM, and it seems to have more or less feature parity with the Data Center version.

• This likely obsoletes the basically unmaintained Atlassian owned AWS Service Catalog for JSM Cloud, i.e. I'd expect that seemingly abandoned app to be archived soon.
0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

This doesn't answer the question, but I think it's worth pointing out that the meanwhile renamed AWS Service Management Connector for JSM Data Center maintained by the AWS team has decent documentation, gained quite some features over time, including the requested capability to "Create and update a Jira Issue when you create and update an operational item (OpsItem) in AWS Systems Manager OpsCenter" (see release notes).

In contrast, the sibling app AWS Service Catalog for JSM Cloud maintained by the Atlassian team still uses the original name, has only abysmal documentation, launched with less features to boot, hardly gained any features since its release, and seems poorly maintained even as per the respectively bad reviews.

I always wondered what drove the odd decision to release and maintain these sibling apps via two different organizations with notably different product development philosophies (their strategic partnership notwithstanding), and the disconnected outcome in scope and quality confirms my expectation, unfortunately.

0 votes
Kalina Trifunova August 9, 2022

Hello, any further advice or updates on the topic?

So far I have found Zapier and Tray.io as possible solutions, but I am still exploring, so not 100% sure they will work.

Thanks!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

@Joe Killian Welcome to the Atlassian Community

If you can have the alarm just send an email that would be the easiest.  If you can not send an email then you will want to use the API https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/

Suggest an answer