How to increased automatically Estimation time when user was out of office or late assigned an issue

Manmadha November 27, 2019

If manager evaluate this task need two days to finish, after assignee started the task whatever he logged the spent time or not, Time tracking should happened automatically.

For example: ORIGINAL ESTIMATE is 2 days, Start time is 2019.11.27, so when time goes to 2019.11.28, Time spent should automatically change to 2 days. Even if assignee did not log the time, it should change automatically for next 2days.

If any possibilities is there please let me know.

Advanced thanks,

Manmadha

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hello @Manmadha

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Sorry, but I think I didn't understand what exactly you are trying to achieve. Please, allow me to bring up some concepts so we can better understand we are on the same page.

About the example you provided:

For example: ORIGINAL ESTIMATE is 2 days, Start time is 2019.11.27, so when time goes to 2019.11.28, Time spent should automatically change to 2 days. Even if assignee did not log the time, it should change automatically for next 2days.

Actually, if you don't log any time after two days, the Original Estimate will remain the original value you configured (2 days), just like you expected in your example. The original estimate of JIRA Time tracking is based in the time spent of your issues and not in real-time, just like described in the documentation below:

Configuring time tracking 

That being said, if you are looking for a tracking solution that is based on real-time instead of the time the assignee has logged to your issues, I believe you can use the due date field to configure date you want the assignee to finish the task, optionally updating it when the issue is transitioned or assigned by the responsible user. For example: If you want your assignee to complete the task in the next two days, set the due date to December 4th.

Please, let us know if you have any questions about the steps provided above.

Suggest an answer