How to increase On demand JIRA dashboard gadget limits?

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013

Hi,

I have configured new dashboard in on demand JIRA, and i face the below error message l

Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum number of gadgets supported by your Dashboard. You must remove some gadgets before proceeding.

And i refered this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+the+Default+Dashboard , we can add only 20 gadgets in dashboard.

It is possible to increase the on demand dashboard gadget limitation.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2013

It is not possible to increase the maximum number of displayed gadgets in JIRA OnDemand, as this customization would fall under the Restricted Functions. The documentation you have linked to, is relevant to the download version of JIRA, and not to the OnDemand version. Please be aware that the documentation page displays towards the top to which version of the product the page applies.

The only possible workaround as I could forsee for you, would be to use multiple dashboards to display any gadget over the 20 to which you are limited. I personally would create an additional dashboard once the size of the current dashboard exceeds the size of the display I am using. Depending on your exact needs, you could also consider changing the data which is being displayed by individual gadgets, in order to cut down the amount of gadgets needed.

Suggest an answer