It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to include time tracking epic and story and task

How to include time tracking epic and story and task,

under epic + story and task

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Koteswararao,

I understand that you are trying to sum up the time tracking of your Stories and tasks and add them to their common Linked Epic. Have I understood it correctly?

If that's what you meant, It is not possible to achieve this feature using only JIRA inbuilt features, however, the Epic Sum Up add-on give exactly what you are looking for.

Please, check if this add-on would be an option for you.

Additionally, feel free to vote and watch the feature requests below raised to add this functionality to JIRA to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates:

Sum story points or hour estimates for any epic links

- As an Admin, I would like the Time Tracking Report to relate between the epic and its child stories

Hi Koteswara,

You can use Agile Docs to sum up logged hours of issues in your Epics.

You can also see how far along your issues are based on the progress of sub-tasks.

Opens up right inside your project dashboard.

time-tracking-tree.png Or, if you want a zoomed-out view of Epics only, you can uncheck "Expand All Epics”:

time-tracking-collapsed-epics.pngIn addition, you can use your existing Quick Filters to locate any set of Epics you like.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you