How to include sub-task in Jira sprint report?

Hi,

I'm working with sprint report in order to analyze our preformances and work ration.

I noticed that sub-tasks are not included in this report.

Most of our developement tasks are actually sub tasks and it's super important to include them in my report.

How can I add them to the sprint report? 

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi @Dror Bernstein,

You can't, unfortunately. Tracking work in JIRA is based on standard tasks (issues) and not subtasks. There is a lot of questions and discussion around this topic on the community, e.g. this thread has some interesting background reading around the topic.

A common scenario is to use Epics and Stories / Tasks rather than tasks and subtasks.

Thanks Walter!

Is there aggreegation of subtasks estimations into tasks?

I want to investigate our prodactivity level by comparing sprint estimations vs. actual. Since we are breaking the tasks into sub tasks I want to make sure I can get all my team spent time somehow.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

79 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you