How to include all issue types in "Default issue type scheme"?

Mariano Redondo August 3, 2018

I´m trying to set "Default issue type scheme" for all my projects, but it only has "Epic" issue type assigned, and I need all standard issue types to be available.

When I edit the scheme, it does not show the "Available issue types" component, which it is present when editing any other scheme (see attached screen capture).

As a workarround I could create a new scheme, but I´d like to use the default.

Thank you.

Captura.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

When you go to Jira Administration > Issues > Issue Type Screen Schemes

When you click on "configure" for the default and "Associate an issue type with a screen scheme" is this what you see?isthisit.png

Hello Raynard, thank you for your quick answer. I can´t find steps to get to that screen. When I clic on  Jira Administration > Issues > Issue Type Screen Schemes, I see the list of schemes and options for each are: Edit | Associate | Copy. If I edit, I see the screen I just added to my post, where there are no issue types to select.

If I clic on Associate, it shows me the list o projects assigned to any other schemes.

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

Hmm...there seems to be an option missing.

This is what I see when I get to the screen schemes. 

thistoo.png

That´s weird. I don´t have the "Configure" option you have, and you don´t have the "Associate" option I have. However, I think my Edit option should work, as when editing any other scheme but the default I have all issue types available to select. Below an example.

Captura.PNG

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2018

Looks like we're not using the same Jira.

Eddy Fras October 22, 2019

Hi Mariano,

Did you finally managed to include all issue types in your default ITS ?

I have the same problem on my Jira.

I don't understand why Raynard suggested to look at ITSS configuration ...

Eddy

Mariano Redondo October 24, 2019

Hi Eddy. No, I haven´t been able to. I ended with creating another scheme as workarround.

Regards.

Eddy Fras October 24, 2019

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for your answer. 

Actually, it seems that it's a normal behaviour for Atlassian : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59866?focusedCommentId=884853&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-884853

But it's not consistent with the following KB article : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-types-missing-blank-or-duplicated-in-issue-type-schemes-in-jira-server-226169285.html

So I don't understand Atlassian position ...

Regards,

Eddy

Suggest an answer