How to import users from my old system that is not supported

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2011

I have an sql table Users

this is the design

UserId int Unchecked
Username varchar(100)
Password varchar(100)

Email varchar(100)

RoleId
ClientId int

-----------------------------

I was reading

External user management When turned ON, you will no longer be able to create, edit or delete users/groups from within JIRA (or via email or import); but you can still assign users/groups to project roles, and create/edit/delete user properties. Additionally, JIRA will not display options for users to change their password, or edit their profile.
Generally you would only turn this ON if you are managing all your users from outside JIRA (e.g. using Crowd, Microsoft Active Directory or another LDAP directory).
Default: OFF

is there another way to add users inside this table to my project in Jira ?

I need to import another table request but first i need to import users

thanks alot

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2011

Could you tell us what authentication you are using in Jira? Is it the internal crowd, or something else? Whatever it is, you will have to import your users from your old table (including processing passwords, because it's really bad design to store an actual password and Jira/Crowd do it properly and hash them)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events