How to import test cases from xls to XRay Jira

Mamata.Hegde February 25, 2020

Hi ,

I am trying to export test cases from xls to Xray Jira. However Unable to see Xeay Test case importer option under Jira Import export. 

Can any one help me how can i import test cases to Xray from xls?

Thanks

Mamata

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2020

Hi @Mamata.Hegde

Xray's Test Case Importer is not located on the Jira Import Export. You can access the Test case Importer through the "Testing Board" menu on your project options.

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

0 votes
Balavinayagamoorthi July 30, 2020

You can prepare the excel and start importing as mentioned in the document

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAYCLOUD/Importing+Tests+using+Test+Case+Importer

Mamata.Hegde December 9, 2020

Hi 

I am trying to import test cases from excel to x-ray, below error message displayed. could you please help me

"customfield_10144": "Field 'customfield_10144' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."

Balavinayagamoorthi December 28, 2020

Hi, I would suggest, 

First use " Test Case Importer" for importing, summary,test type, test steps(action,data,result) in the above mentioned option. because Xray Test Case Importer is specially work for Xray fields.

Once Xray fields are imported, you can use "External system import" for updating all other System and Custom fields .

Suggest an answer