How to import issues into Epics using CSV importer

Hi,

How can I import issues that are linked to an Epic type issue using the CSV importer? I can successfully create an Epic type issue using the CSV importer but when I try to link an issue to it (by mapping the Epic Link field with the Epic Name of the epic), the importer creates the ticket but doesn't actually link it to the Epic.

Does something have to be enabled on the Admin side first to make this work?

Thanks,

Brandi

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Try using the Epic JIRA id as Epic link.

This sounds correct.  Make sure you are using the Epic name and not the Summary of the epic to populate the "epic link" column.  

Are you mapping to the Epic Link column to Epic Link field?

Yes, I am mapping to the Epic link field. According to the documentation I have found online, it should be working which is why I believe there might be something that is not set up correctly on the admin side, but I'm not sure what to tell my admin to do?

I'm having this problem as well. I've properly mapped the "Epic Link" column in my CSV to the "Epic Link" field in Jira, and I've tried it three different ways: using the epic's issue key, using the epic's issue id, and using the epic's name. None of these work properly.

When I use the issue key, the import completes successfully with no errors, but the link is still not made between the story and the epic.

When I use the issue id, the import completes, but errors happen, saying the epic cannot be found.

When I use the epic name, the import completes successfully with no errors, but the link is still not made between the story and the epic.

Can we get an update on this, please?

I am experiencing the exact same issue - any update or recommendations?

This is known bug and being tracked here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62251

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

61 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you